The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Documents WHC/16/40.COM/8B and WHC/16/40.COM/INF.8B1,
- Refers the examination of the nomination of Key Works of Modern Architecture by Frank Lloyd Wright, United States of America, on the World Heritage List, in order to allow the State Party, with the advice of ICOMOS and the World Heritage Centre if requested to:
- redefine the rationale for a series of components (not necessarily the ones currently nominated) that might have the potential to justify Outstanding Universal Value through conveying the way one or more exceptional facets of the oeuvre of Frank Lloyd Wright influenced the architecture of the 20th century,
- define more structured management for individual components coordinated by the Frank Lloyd Wright World Heritage Council,
- examine and pursue opportunities to revise the nominated property boundaries, expand buffer zones and enhance protection in and beyond the buffer zones for component sites in relation to the attributes of potential Outstanding Universal Value;
- Encourages the State Party to consider inviting ICOMOS to offer advice on the above recommendations in the framework of the Upstream Process.