The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Takes note of the report transmitted by the State Party;
2. Regrets that the restoration and enlargement works have been nearly completed without a proper environmental assessment being executed on the impact of these works on the historic setting and fabric of the World Heritage property;
3. Strongly recommends a closer institutional coordination between the different governmental departments approving and supervising restoration and reconstruction works in the Colonial City of Santo Domingo;
4. Encourages the adoption and strong enforcement of the new law on monumental heritage;
5. Requests that the State Party inform the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 on the progress made with the adoption of the new law on monumental heritage in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.
 Decision adopted without discussion.