The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/16/40.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 38 COM 8B.38, adopted at its 38th session (Doha, 2014),
- Commends the State Party for the actions it has undertaken in response to the World Heritage Committee’s recommendations at the time of inscription to complete the Management Plan for the property, to improve the monitoring system by specifying which organization is responsible for monitoring each indicator, including seismic monitoring, and on its implementation of new height limits to conserve the visual integrity of the property;
- Requests the State Party to finalize, as soon as possible, the study on the restriction of vehicles to the Acropolis and submit it to the World Heritage Centre, for review by the Advisory Bodies;
- Notes the proposed Selinos Brook Amelioration Project and also requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with the survey and Heritage Impact Assessment for the project, with a specific section focusing on its potential impact on the Outstanding Universal Value, for review by the Advisory Bodies;
- Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2017, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above.