The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/16/40.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 38 COM 8B.33, adopted at its 38th session (Doha, 2014),
- Commends the State Party for the actions undertaken in response to the World Heritage Committee’s recommendations at the time of inscription to complete the additional planned measures of the Management Plan and the additional archaeological investigations measures;
- Encourages the State Party to set up the Steering Committee envisaged by the Management Plan, involving the offices and stakeholders that worked to develop the management and Master Plans;
- Regretting that the wind farm project in Beverungen has been authorized despite concerns from the authorities regarding the visual impact on the property, requests the State Party to undertake Heritage Impact Assessments (HIAs) in conformity with the ICOMOS Guidelines on Heritage Impact Assessments for Cultural World Heritage Properties, with a specific section focusing on the potential impact of the project on the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV), for the wind farm projects in both Fürstenau and Beverungen, in order to prevent any irreversible transformations and potential threats to the property’s OUV;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2017, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 42nd session in 2018.