The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/16/40.COM/7B.Add,
- Recalling Decision 39 COM 7B.57, adopted at its 39th session (Bonn, 2015),
- Regrets that the State Party did not submit a report on the state of conservation of the property, as requested by the Committee at its 39th session in 2015;
- Expresses its high concern regarding the information provided by the Libyan heritage professionals during the International Expert Meeting on the Safeguarding of Libyan Cultural Heritage, on the state of conservation of the property in the prevailing situation;
- Requests the State Party to submit further information on the state of conservation of the property as soon as the security situation permits;
- Decides, in conformity with Article 11.4 of the Convention and Paragraphs 177 and 179 of the Operational Guidelines, to inscribe the Rock-Art Sites of Tadrart Acacus (Libya) on the List of World Heritage in Danger;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2017, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 41st session in 2017.