The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Documents WHC-15/39.COM/8B.Add and WHC-15/39.COM/INF.8B1.Add,
- Refers the examination of the proposed minor modification to the boundary of the buffer zone of Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands (Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto), Italy, back to the State Party in order to allow it to:
- Consider the possibility to extend the boundaries of the marine areas in the South-eastern part of the buffer zone to increase the protection around the Islands of Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto;
- Explain in detail how the management system function in practice and clarify the implementation and management of the buffer zone in terms of the responsible agents and in relation to the inscribed property;
- Provide a timetable for the official approval and implementation of the Regional Territorial Plan;
- Finalize the management plan.