The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-15/39.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 37 COM 8B.24, adopted at its 37th session (Phnom Penh, 2013),
- Notes the considerable steps taken by the State Party to respond to the recommendations of the Committee;
- Welcomes the strengthened structures to promote sustainable development of the rice terraces and in particular, efforts to add value to local agricultural produce, and foster traditional local practices;
- Commends the State Party for organizing an International Workshop on rice terrace landscapes and takes note of the Honghe Recommendations on Sustainable Development of Terraced Cultural Landscapes;
- Encourages the State Party, to maintain dialogue with other properties in Asia that face similar challenges in managing extensive terrace landscapes;
- Recommends that the State Party finalizes, adopts and implements the Sustainable Tourism Strategic Planning and the Interpretation Planning documents, and takes into consideration the need to carefully control visitor numbers, and to prepare guidelines for regulating tourism infrastructure development within the property, including impacts of viewing platforms and signage, and requests the State Party to submit copies of the final plans to the World Heritage Centre.