The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-15/39.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 37 COM 7B.46 adopted at its 37th session (Phnom Penh, 2013),
- Congratulates the State Party for the important efforts aiming to improve the state of conservation of the property;
- Notes however, the difficulties encountered in the implementation of the Permanent Plan for the Safeguarding and Valorization of the property (PPSMVSS), especially due to the co-ordination of problems between the principal actors and intervention projects, but also due to an approach essentially oriented on the safeguarded sector;
- Encourages the State Party to consider the use of an integrated approach based on the historic urban landscape for the implementation of the PPSMVSS, to respond to the problems raised in Item 4 of the present decision, and if need be, to invite an Advisory mission, financed by the State Party, to develop the use of this approach;
- Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2015, a full report on the result of the analyses of the archaeological excavations carried out at the Place des Martyrs in the framework of the construction of the metro station as well as the underground museum that will be housed within the station;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2016, an updated report, including an analytical one-page summary, on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above-mentioned points, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 41st session in 2017.