The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Documents WHC-14/38.COM/8B.Add, and WHC-14/38.COM/INF.8B1.Add,
- Refers the examination of the proposed buffer zone for the Historic Centre of Florence, Italy, back to the State Party in order to allow it to:
- Explain in detail the rationale for the delineation of the buffer zone, also through graphical and photographic documentation, and its relation to the results of the preparatory study,
- Clarify and illustrate through cartographic and visual documentation the relevant views, vistas and belvederes worthy of protection, including those from inside the inscribed property towards the outside hillsides,
- Explain in detail how the protection and management systems function in practice,
- Clarify how and by when the management system/plan submitted in 2006 will be amended so as to include the necessary regulatory and management measures to allow the buffer zone to effectively act as an added layer of protection for the inscribed property,
- Adopt and approve the urban regulations concerning the respecting of belvederes and views in any future planning and building decision.