The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Documents WHC-14/38.COM/8B.Add, WHC-14/38.COM/INF.8B2.Add,
- Refers the minor boundary modification of Darien National Park, Panama, back to the State Party, to allow it to:
- provide a large scale map indicating the precise boundaries of the new additions to the property, and their relationship to the existing boundary of the property;
- provide a specific and concise statement on the key values in each of the new areas proposed for addition to the property, and how they will be managed, together with details of the management plan for the property on its revised boundary;
- confirm the necessary legal decrees referred to in the proposal, to enable protection of the property, have been formally approved;
- confirm, and provide supporting information, on the necessary consultation with indigenous and local peoples in support of the proposed addition of the new areas to the property.
- Encourages the State Party of Panama, with the support of IUCN and the World Heritage Centre, to consider further options to strengthen the protection and management of the property, taking account of the IUCN evaluation of the minor boundary modification, and in consultation with the State Party of Colombia on matters related to transboundary confirmation with the adjacent World Heritage Property of Los Katíos National Park.