The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-14/38.COM/7B.Add,
- Notes the report submitted by the State Party on two planning applications for the Pleasance Housing proposals and the extension of the Hyndford Quarry;
- Expresses its concern about the potential adverse impacts of the Hyndford Quarry extension and Pleasance Housing projects on the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of the World Heritage property and its buffer zone;
- Requests the State Party to suspend any further decisions on the planning applications for Hyndford Quarry and Pleasance Housing to allow for the elaboration of heritage impact assessments for each of the development projects, and also notes the decision of the ministers to call-in the planning application for Hyndford Quarry for scrutiny through an inquiry or hearing before their final decision;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre as soon as available the Heritage Impact Assessments for the Hyndford Quarry extension and Pleasance Housing projects, elaborated in accordance with the ICOMOS Guidance;
- Encourages the State Party to take up consultations with the Advisory Bodies and the World Heritage Centre regarding adequate modifications to the projects as currently proposed, and to consider inviting an ICOMOS advisory mission to the property to review the potential adverse impacts of the Pleasance Housing and Hyndford Quarry projects as well as the overall state of conservation of the property and its buffer zone, before further decisions are made;
- Further requests the State Party to notify the World Heritage Centre of any decision or development on the above matters as soon as available and to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2015, an updated report, including a 1-page executive summary, on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 40th session in 2016.