The World Heritage Committee,
1. Acknowledges the results of the international UNESCO/ICOMOS mission to the property providing updated information;
2. Notes that the threats for which the property was included on the List of World Heritage in Danger in 1979, namely the partial destruction due to an earthquake, have been mitigated through professional restoration;
3. Expresses its concern about the risks that excessive and uncontrolled urbanisation have on the exceptional universal value of the property;
4. Requests the State Party to take into account the specific recommendations from the mission, in particular to prepare a management plan for the World Heritage area, and to appoint a property co-ordinator;
5. Endorses the proposal for a Round Table, to be organised in co-operation with the World Heritage Centre and , ICOMOS and ICCROMUCN, in order to include all stakeholders in the management planning; (MR has a question on this.22/10/03)
6. Requests an update report on progress made to be submitted to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004, including a deadline for the submission of the management plan, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 28th session in 2004;
7. Decides to remove the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger.