The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined the state of conservation report of the Minaret and Archaeological Remains of Jam,;
2. Notes with concern the instability of the leaning Minaret, continued illicit on-site excavation and lack of management mechanism;
3. Expresses appreciation to the Governments of Greece, Italy and Switzerland for their generous contributions for the protection of the property;
4. Requests the State Party and UNESCO to continue to co-operate closely to enhance the protection, conservation and management of the property to prevent looting on-site and to examine the environmental impact that the proposed thoroughfare in the immediate vicinity of the Minaret may cause, and to this end;
5. Requests the World Heritage Centre to organize with ICOMOS, a reactive monitoring mission to assist the authorities in examining this latter issue, and to submit a report for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 28th session in 2004;
6. Decides to retain the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.