The World Heritage Committee,
1. Commends the State Party on actions undertaken during the past year to improve the conservation of the Simien National Park World Heritage property;
2. Recommends that the State Party continue implementing the positive measures mentioned in its report until significant on-the-ground conservation improvements are evident;
3. Recommends that IUCN, using expertise from its Species Survival Commission and in co-operation with the State Party, takes measures to verify the increase in the population estimates of Walia Ibex and Simien Fox reported by the State Party;
4. Invites the State Party to provide to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2004, additional information on progress made on the state of conservation of the property, particularly in relation to the benchmarks for the removal of the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger and other recommendations outlined in the IUCN/UNESCO mission report (April 2001) for noting or review as appropriate by the World Heritage Committee at its 28th session in 2004;
5. Decides to retain the Simien National Park on the List of World Heritage in Danger.