The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 34 COM 7B.10 , adopted at its 34th session (Brasilia, 2010),
3. Expresses its satisfaction about the preliminary results of the Macquarie Island Pest Eradication Plan which show that no rodents have been detected since June 2011, that the vegetation has been re-established and that seabirds returned to breed in previously affected areas and notes the on-going efforts of the State Party to implement measures to mitigate the dieback of the Macquarie Cushion Plant, and to limit impacts of long-line fishing within and outside the Australian Exclusive Economic Zone around Macquarie Island;
4. Welcomes the commitment of the State Party to continue to monitor the results of the Macquarie Island Pest Eradication Plan and requests the State Party to include the monitoring of outcomes to confirm the continued recovery of the property’s vegetation and ecosystems;
5. Also r equests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed on the progress made in implementing the above recommendations.