The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.96, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Notes the impressive efforts the State Party has made for the completion of the Management Plan for the property, which helps to address key issues for its conservation and management, through a participatory process;
4. Also notes with satisfaction the role played by the UNESCO Office in Mexico as the facilitator of negotiations among the various stakeholders as a catalytic tool for the harmonious momentum and the agreement reached;
5. Urges the State Party to create a Management Unit in Xochimilco to implement the Management Plan by 1 November 2007 and requests the UNESCO Mexico Office to continue facilitating the exchange of advice and providing continuity for the participatory process until this new unit is set up;
6. Requests the State Party to increase collaboration with the Advisory Bodies of the Convention within the framework of the implementation of the studies undertaken by Mexican universities;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2009, a progress report from the State Party on the implementation of the Management Plan for examination at its 33rd session in 2009.