The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.72, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Noting the progress made in the preparation of the management plan for the property,
4. Recalls the need to enforce specific policies aimed at protecting the historic urban fabric and structure at the national level;
5. Encourages further consultation processes for the train station project and other urban development projects that may affect the outstanding universal value of the property;
6. Recommends that the Vienna Memorandum on “World Heritage and Contemporary Architecture, Managing the Historic Urban Landscape” (2005) be taken into account for any further decisions and planning processes regarding urban development in Salzburg;
7. Requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed of any new construction and renovation and to provide two copies of the management plan to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2008 for review.