The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.82, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Acknowledges that the works for the construction of the hotel were suspended immediately upon receipt of Decision 30 COM 7B.82;
4. Encourages the State Party to continue the efforts towards identifying appropriate solutions to protect the Outstanding Universal Value and the integrity of the property;
5. Urges the State Party to continue examining the situation in order to find alternative solutions for the volume and the design of the hotel, in the spirit of the Vienna Memorandum “World Heritage and Contemporary Architecture, Managing the Historic Urban Landscape” (2005) and to minimize the negative impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property, and in conformity with the Management Plan of the World Heritage property, in collaboration with UNESCO and ICOMOS;
6. Requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with an updated report by 1 February 2008 on the state of conservation of the property and progress made with an alternative design of the construction project, for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.