The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-12/36.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 34 COM 7B.62, adopted at its 34th session (Brasilia, 2010),
3. Acknowledges the revised project scheme for the souq rehabilitation, requests that details of the final plans be submitted to the World Heritage Centre for review by the Advisory Bodies and recommends that the State Party undertake immediate emergency measures for the shops affected by critical decay or disintegration;
4. Notes the submission of the revised Management plan, also requests the State Party to finalize it, taking into account the comments provided by ICOMOS and to officially adopt it by decree, and further requests the State Party to provide three printed and electronic copies of the finalized Management plan to the World Heritage Centre;
5. Requests furthermore the State Party, as indicated in the annex of the Management plan, to define an enlarged buffer zone and submit the buffer zone boundaries according to the procedure for minor boundary modification, outlined in paragraphs 163-164 of the Operational Guidelines;
6. Encourages the State Party to monitor over a longer period the aging characteristics of the different brick types in order to continuously improve the selection of materials for restoration and rehabilitation and to continue its training activities to develop local masonry and brick production expertise;
7. Requests moreover the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2014, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above.