The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 33 COM 7B.67, adopted at its 33rd session (Seville, 2009),
3. Notes the initiatives taken by the State Party towards the development of the Urban Plan, District Plans, and a proposed law to safeguard Macao's World Heritage;
4. Expresses its concerns at the continuing inadequacy of the current management system, the buffer zone and legal provisions, to protect effectively the very important visual and functional linkages between the inscribed monuments and the wider urban land and seascape of Macao;
5. Reiterates its request to the State Party to develop appropriate legal and planning instruments comprising the Urban Plan as developed so far, and to submit to the World Heritage Centre when they are finalised, so that they can be assessed by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2013, a report on the state of conservation of the property and the progress made in the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 37th session in 2013.