The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined document WHC-10/34.COM/5E,
2. Notes with interest the above-mentioned document;
3. Invites the World Heritage Centre to strengthen the links between the 1972 Convention and 2005 Convention on the Safeguarding and Protection of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions;
4. Also invites all States Parties to the 1972 Convention to become party to other standard-setting instruments of UNESCO in the field of culture, and to coordinate the initiatives they develop for the implementation of the different conventions;
5. Recalls its Decisions 28 COM 12 (Suzhou, 2004) and 7 EXT.COM 9 (UNESCO, 2004) requesting an enhanced collaboration between the Secretariats of the Conventions in the field of culture, in respect of their specificities;
6. Encourages the information exchanges and the participation at committee sessions of the different conventions;
7. Also notes the outcome of the "International Conference on Cultural and Biological Diversity for Development", which took place in Montreal (Canada) from 8 to 10 June 2010, with the participation of the 1972, 2003 and 2005 Convention Secretariats, as well as the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (1992).