The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 7B.43, adopted at its 32nd (Quebec City, 2008) session,
3. Notes with satisfaction the efforts of the national authorities and the Holy Community of Mount Athos to strengthen collaboration for the long-term conservation of the World Heritage property;
4. Also notes with appreciation the report of the Holy Community transmitted through the national authorities concerning efforts to implement all recommendations of the 2006 joint reactive monitoring mission, in particular the development of an overall management framework for the property covering both natural and cultural values, as endorsed by the World Heritage Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
5. Urges the State Party and the Holy Community to consider possibilities to support a multi-disciplinary workshop of key stakeholders to shape the approach to development of the management framework;
6. Requests the State Party, in collaboration with the Holy Community, to provide to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2012 a report on progress made in developing an integrated management framework and in implementing the recommendations of the joint 2006 World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/IUCN reactive monitoring mission, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 36th session in 2012.