The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 14B.5, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004);
3. Expresses its deep sympathy to the State Party of Indonesia and the people directly affected by the natural disaster for the loss of life and damage to infrastructure caused by the Indian Ocean tsunami of 26 December 2004 and subsequent earthquakes;
4. Encourages the World Heritage Centre and IUCN to assist the State Party in preparing the emergency action plan for the property as requested by the Committee at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004);
5. Requests the World Heritage Centre, IUCN and other international partners to support the recovery of basic management capacities at the property by providing appropriate international assistance in collaboration with the competent national authorities;
6. Urges the State Party to ensure that the post-tsunami rehabilitation and infrastructure building activities in Sumatra do not have negative impact on the integrity of the property;
7. Requests the State Party to invite a joint mission of the World Heritage Centre and relevant sectors of UNESCO, with the assistance of IUCN, to assess damage caused by the earthquake and tsunami and identify urgent rehabilitation needs for the property.
8. Further requests the World Heritage Centre to provide by 1 February 2006, on behalf of the State Party, a report on the state of conservation of the property, including the impact of the tsunami and earthquakes as well as the requested emergency action plan and the existing threats for the conservation of the property, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).