The World Heritage Committee,1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7A and the Draft Decision 29 COM 7A.20.Rev,,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15A.21, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Urges the State Party to halt the on-going construction of the road;
4. Encourages the State Party to construct an alternative footbridge and a ford across the Hari River, in order to enable access of the villagers from the Bedam Valley to the Jam Valley, as well as allowing a limited number of vehicles to cross the river, following the recommendations of the UNESCO mission in February 2004;
5. Urges the State Party of Afghanistan, with assistance from UNESCO and the international community, to continue the on-going efforts for the structural consolidation of the Minaret;
6. Requests the State Party, with assistance from the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, to elaborate a site-management plan, taking into account the relevant provisions of the Operational Guidelines (2005);
7. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1February 2006, a progress report on the state of conservation of this property, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
8. Decides to retain the Minaret and Archaeological Remains of Jam (Afghanistan) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.