The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7A,
2. Recalling Decision 28 COM 15A.18 taken at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Notes with concern the security situation in Iraq which is causing delays in the implementation of activities for the conservation of Ashur;
4. Encourages the State Party of Iraq to establish, as early as possible, a site management coordination unit, which will be responsible for any action to be undertaken on the property;
5. Requests the State Party to prepare a conservation and management plan for the property, possibly through an international assistance request and, should the situation allow, with international expertise;
6. Requests the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS to continue assisting the responsible Iraqi authorities;
7. Further requests the State Party to report, by 1 February 2006, on the progress made in implementing the above recommendations, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);8. Decides to retain Ashur (Qal'at Sherqat) (Iraq) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.