The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29COM/7A,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15A.12, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Congratulates the State Party of Ecuador on the progress made in addressing and minimizing the threats to the property, including mitigation of the environmental damage of the Guamote-Macas road;
4. Urges the State Party to provide an adequate and sustained budget and staffing for the management of the property;
5. Recommends that the State Party work closely with the “Enhancing Our Heritage” project and the Fundacion Natura to further implement the new management strategy and identify the necessary funding for it;
6. Requests the State Party to submit a report by 1 February 2006 on the progress in the implementation of the management strategy and measures taken to ensure adequate levels of funding and staff for the management of the property;7. Decides to remove Sangay National Park (Ecuador) from the List of World Heritage in Danger.