Decision : CONF 001 IX..27
Requests for technical co-operation
Provision of a photogrammetric camera and two additional items for the photometer already supplied for the surveying of Bulgarian World Heritage properties. The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant $25,000 under the technical cooperation budget for 1987.
Malawi - Lake Malawi National Park
Purchase of equipment (boats, radios, tents) to strengthen the protection of the park. The Bureau was informed that this request had been reviewed and was to be submitted to the Chairman of the World Heritage Committee as a 'small-scale' technical cooperation request for $19,800 under the 1986 budget. The Bureau also took note that this amount is added to a national counterpart contribution and to support from IUCN/WWF.
Turkey - Istanbul
The Bureau recommended that the Committee approve the requests for $12,000 for training activities in wood stone conservation and for $10,000 for the creation of a laboratory for wood conservation. The Bureau requested that the Turkish authorities supply a detailed list of the equipment component with clear indications of priorities.
Yugoslavia - Monuments of Ohrid
The Bureau recommended that the Committee approve the request for $20,000 for equipment for the control of microclimatic conditions and for the conservation of paintings of the monuments of Ohrid.
The Bureau recommended the allocation of $24,500 under the 1987 technical cooperation budget as a contribution to the organization of the 7th International Course on the Technology on Stone Conservation to be held in Venice from 28 April to 27 June 1987. This contribution would in particular enable fellows from developing countries to participate.
Zaire - Garamba National Park
The Bureau recalled that, at its ninth session, the Committee approved a request for US$20,000 under 'Emergency assistance' for Garamba National Park. It had furthermore authorized the Bureau to approve an additional amount of US$20,000 under technical cooperation for this property subject to the receipt of an appropriate request. On 28 May 1986, the Zairain authorities submitted such a request for the purchase of equipment up to an amount of US$20,000 for the continuation of this project.
The Bureau therefore approved the allocation of US$20,000 under 'small-scale' technical co-operation.
International Assistance (6)
- Purchase of equipment (boat, radio and tents) to strengthen the protection of Lake Malawi National Park (1986 / Malawi)
- Provision of a tacheometer with accessories and two additional items for the photometer already supplied, for the surveying of World Heritage sites (1986 / Bulgaria)
- Training and equipment for the safeguarding of Istanbul (1986 / Turkey)
- Provision of equipment for the control of microclimatic conditions and for the conservation of paintings in the monuments of Ohrid (1986 / North Macedonia)
- Financial contribution for the organization of the 7th International Course on the Technology on Stone Conservation to be held in Venice from 28 April to 27 June 1987, to enable fellows from developing countries to participate in the course (1986 / )
- Purchase of equipment for the project to protect the rhinoceros population in Garamba National Park (1986 / Democratic Republic of the Congo)
1986 Garamba National Park