The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 26 COM 21B.15, adopted at its 26th session (Budapest, 2002),
3. Takes note of the reports of on-going conflict of land rights within and adjacent to the property which, if not urgently resolved, could threaten the effectiveness in managing the property and impact its integrity;
4. Requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed on the above allegations concerning unresolved claims of traditional land use as well as on ways in which the State Party and the management authority of the property have been engaging with community leaders to effectively resolve conflicts surrounding land rights and benefit sharing from tourism;
5. Also requests the State Party, in line with the provisions under Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, to provide information on development of dams in the region surrounding the property and to carry out an assessment of potential impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, a progress report on the above issues, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.