The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7A,
2. Recalling Decisions 31 COM 7A.11 and 32 COM 7A.24, adopted at its 31st (Christchurch, 2007) and 32nd (Quebec City, 2008) sessions respectively,
3. Notes with satisfaction and congratulates the State Party for the significant progress achieved in the implementation of the corrective measures towards the removal of the property from the World Heritage List in Danger, particularly the inclusive and community-based nature of actions implemented, and the efforts made in the valorisation and transmission of traditional practices which substantiate the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
4. Urges the State Party to secure the necessary resources to guarantee the continuance of the processes currently in place and the sustainability of the management system;
5. Warmly welcomes the draft of the desired state of conservation prepared by the State Party and requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to review it, in close consultation with the State Party, with a view to examining it at its 34th session in 2010;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, a report on the state of conservation of the property and on the progress made in the implementation of the above recommendations, for the examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010, with a view to considering the removal of the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger;
7. Decides to retain the Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras (Philippines) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.