The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.71, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes the efforts made by the State Party to address the overall preservation and conservation of the property and particularly the successful diversion of the subway;
4. Also notes the progress made in drafting the nomination dossier for the extension of the property to include the Cultural and Historic Axis of Esfahan;
5. Urges the State Party to complete the reduction of the height of the Jahan Nama Commercial Complex to ensure minimum negative impacts upon the visual integrity of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to establish mechanisms for undertaking systematic cultural, social and Environmental Impact Assessments prior to designing large scale development projects, which might impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a detailed report on the progress to complete the reduction of the height of the Jahan Nama Commercial Complex tower and in establishing assessment mechanisms for large scale projects, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.