The World Heritage Committee,
1. Takes note that the State Party has submitted the revised work plan and budget breakdown for the implementation of the Shalamar Gardens Emergency Assistance project and requests the Advisory Bodies and the World Heritage Centre to assist the State Party in implementing this project;
2. Thanks the Governments of Norway for its generous contributions towards the preservation of the Lahore Fort;
3. Further requests the State Party, in collaboration with ICOMOS, to examine the heritage values of the Shalamar Gardens and Lahore Fort to redefine the protective core and buffer zones of the property;
4. Takes note with satisfaction of the on-going positive co-operation between the Department of Archaeology and other national, provincial and municipal authorities, in order to redress the encroachment issues surrounding the Shalamar Gardens;
5. Urges the State Party to take all steps to ensure the establishment of an effective site management authority for the protection of the property, and inform the Committee of the effects that a change of custody of the property from national to provincial levels has had and will in the future have on the conservation of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2005, a progress report on the state of conservation of the property for examination by the Committee at its 29th session in 2005;
7. Decides to retain the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.