The World Heritage Committee,
2. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B.Add,
3. Recalling Decision 31 COM 8B.20, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
4. Expresses its concern that despite being given assurances in the Nomination file, that a prospecting mineral licence was issued for a considerable part of the property and its buffer zone two months after the inscription;
5. Appreciates the efforts being undertaken by the State Party to resolve the issue;
6. Also urges the State Party to continue its efforts in solving boundary, human use and management issues facing the Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape World Heritage property and other World Heritage properties in South Africa;
7. Further requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS Reactive Monitoring mission to the property to assess its state of conservation; evaluate the extent to which the above recommendations are being met and meet with both the State Party and other stakeholders;
8. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a report on the State of Conservation of the property for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.