The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 26 COM 21B.10, adopted at its 26th session (Budapest, 2002),
3. Notes the important on-going efforts of the State Party to protect the property, in particular for the strategic extensions to the National Park in order to address issues of integrity affecting the existing property;
4. Requests the State Party to continue its efforts to create a protected area in the Karbi Anglong hills and to ensure the connectivity with the existing National Park, in order to ensure long term integrity of the property;
5. Urges the State Party to ensure that adequate funding and staffing is provided for the management of the property and that funds provided by the central Government are transferred in a timely manner to the property;
6. Expresses its concern about the planned upgrading of the NH37 national highway into a four-lane highway, which would block wildlife migrations and could threaten the values for which the property was inscribed on the World Heritage List and also requests the State Party to submit the plans for this development, including the Environmental Impact Assessment, in accordance with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, before any decision on the upgrading of the road is taken;
7. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a report on the state of conservation of the property, in particular on the management and planned upgrading of highway NH37, efforts to curb poaching and on funding and staffing for the property, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.