The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 7A.12 and 31 COM 7B.13, adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006), and 31st (Christchurch, 2007) sessions respectively,
3. Commends the State Party for its successful management of limited water resources in 2006-7 and notes with satisfaction the continuation of the policy of considering Ichkeul as a net consumer of water;
4. Also notes that the State Party has begun the process of establishing a management structure, with powers of decision making and financial autonomy, as recommended by the 2006 mission, and has recently established an Agenda 21 Committee;
5. Welcomes the measures proposed in the management plan to achieve management of water resources through cooperation with the authorities responsible for the dams and through mathematical modelling;
6. Expresses its satisfaction at the continuing improvement of the state of conservation of the property, in particular the restoration of fresh water conditions, which have allowed the development of improved fish catches, greater expansion of water plants and the numbers of aquatic birds;
7. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, an updated report on the implementation of the remaining recommendations of the 2006 monitoring mission and the implementation of the management plan, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.