The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7A,
- Recalling Decisions 30 COM 8B.53, and 30 COM 8B.54, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
- Acknowledges the difficulties to monitor the property due to political instability, post-conflict situation and notes the assessment by the intersectoral mission carried out in January 2007 to some parts of the property, and in particular that:
a) The KFOR troops are patrolling at the property;
b) The medium-term plan for the restoration of wall paintings and conservation and rehabilitation of the property is being prepared;
c) The Executive Decision No 2005/5 of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG) of United Nations Interim Administration in Kosovo (UNMIK) on the Special Zoning Area was issued for Dečani Monastery;
d) The required works on the roof of Ljeviša are completed.
4. Recalls its request for a risk preparedness study, in conformity with Paragraph 118 of the Operational Guidelines and Decisions 28 COM 10B.4 and 30 COM 7.2;
5. Urges the State Party, in cooperation with UNESCO programmes, UNMIK and Provisional Institutions of Self Government in Kosovo, as well as future European arrangements to continue to take the following long-term corrective measures:
a) Ensure the adequate long-term legislative, regulatory protection and management of the property, in conformity with Paragraph 97 of the Operational Guidelines, including strong protective regimes for the buffer zones;
b) Adequately delineate boundaries (e.g. extend the boundaries of the Patriarchate of Peć to include more of its riverside-valley settings) and submit revised boundaries in accordance with the provisions of the Operational Guidelines;
c) Ensure appropriate and timely implementation of the Management Plan.
6. Requests the State Party to continue its efforts in completing the short-term and long-term corrective measures to achieve the desired state of conservation;
7. Also requests the State Party, in consultation with the World Heritage Centre and icomos, to develop a draft Statement of Outstanding Universal Value including the conditions of integrity and authenticity, for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008;
8. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2008 an updated report on the state of conservation of the property, for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008;
9. Decides to retain the Medieval Monuments in Kosovo (Serbia) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.