The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.86, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Regrets that the State Party has not yet submitted the integrated management plan requested during the 28th and 29th sessions of the World Heritage Committee and also regrets that the State Party has not made progress in the last year as requested by the Committee to improve and implement specific legislation so as to ensure appropriate legal protection of the historic urban fabric and structure on a national level;
4. Requests the authorities to fully take into account the Vienna Memorandum on "World Heritage and Contemporary Architecture, Managing the Historic Urban Landscape" (2005) in the management of the historic urban landscape of the World Heritage property;
5. Invites the State Party to consider organizing jointly with the World Heritage Centre, ICOMOS and ICCROM a training and information seminar in Salamanca, which would clarify the obligations under the World Heritage Convention concerning control and management of urban planning for World Heritage cities and this property in particular;
6. Requests the State Party to provide a map of the inscribed site that includes not only the property shown on the most recent map submitted, but the seven outlying properties also inscribed by the Committee in 1988: the Churches of San Marcos, Sancti Spiritus, San Juan Barbalos, and San Cristobal, as well as the Colegio de los Irlandeses, the Convento de las Claras, and the Casa-Convento de Santa Teresa;
7. Further recalls point 7 of its Decision 29 COM 7B.86 and requests the State Party to provide an updated report to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, on progress made in meeting the Committee's requests for improved legal protection and management of the property, for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.