The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 28 COM 15B.77 and 29 COM 7B.81, adopted at its 28th (Suzhou, 2004) and 29th (Durban, 2005) sessions respectively,
3. Notes with satisfaction that significant work has been carried out to improve the state of conservation of the parks and palaces in the core zone of the World Heritage property and notes the efforts made by the State Party and the responsible authorities;
4. Requests the State Party to set up a clear management structure for the World Heritage site and to prepare an integrated comprehensive management plan, that takes into account all the relevant planning documents for the area of Sintra;
5. Also requests, as a first step, that the State Party ensure the preparation of a short-term Action Plan for the period of 2007 to 2009, defining the overall concept and measures for enhancing the World Heritage values including the buffer zones;
6. Encourages the State Party to seek technical support, if necessary, for the elaboration of the above requested documents;
7. Further requests the State Party to submit an up-dated report including the above-mentioned Action Plan to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2007 for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.