The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B.Add,
2. Expressing its deepest condolences to the State Party of Indonesia for the tragic loss of human lives caused by the recent earthquake that struck the Island of Java,
3. Congratulates the State Party for the rapid response and the commitment shown for the safeguarding of the cultural heritage of the affected area, including the World Heritage site of Prambanan;
4. Encourages the State Party to implement as soon as possible the urgent measures identified by the expert mission of June 2006 to reduce the risks for the structures and people at the site;
5. Also encourages the State Party to conduct, if necessary with international assistance, the required further studies, analysis and research identified by the expert mission of June 2006 as essential to define an appropriate long-term conservation approach for the Temples;
6. Further encourages the donor community to support the development of the above-mentioned studies as well as the implementation of the ensuing conservation interventions that will be defined on their basis;
7. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, a report on the progress made towards the reduction of the risks currently threatening the property as well as on the elaboration of a long-term conservation strategy, for consideration by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.