The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 28 COM 15B.44, adopted during its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Notes with satisfaction the creation and the delimitation of the Safeguarded Sector of the M'Zab Valley by Executive Decree N° 05-209 dated 5 June 2005 and requests the State Party to transmit to the World Heritage Centre a copy of the Decree and the corresponding topographical maps or cadastral survey indicating the listed perimeter and its eventual buffer zone;
4. Congratulates the State Party for the numerous actions carried out, notably the rehabilitation of the traditional hydraulic network, in a sustainable development perspective;
5. Regrets that the Permanent Plan for the Safeguarding and Enhancement of the M'Zab Valley, already initiated in 2001, was still in draft form and urges the State Party to accelerate its elaboration during the 2006 to 2007 exercise, as a budget has been allocated for this purpose, as well as the definition of the non aedificandi areas;
6. Recommends to the State Party to submit a request for international assistance to obtain the support of the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies in this respect;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Committee, before 1 February 2008, a report on progress made in the implementation of the above recommendations for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.