Jaeger-LeCoultre auction proceeds support Sundarbans National Park
After last year's groundbreaking Tides of Time campaign, luxury watch manufacturer Jaeger-LeCoultre organized a second auction on March 18, 2010. This time, one of two vintage 1958 Geophysic Chronometer Models E168, tested by professional climber Stephane Schaffter and his team during their recent Geophysic Expedition in the Himalayas, was up for auction. A week after the opening, the final bid reached GB£12,600 (approximately 14,000 Euros), and the entire sum was donated to India's Sundarbans National Park. The Sundarbans was inscribed on the World Heritage List in 1987 and is one of the largest remaining areas of mangroves in the world. The funds will be used for the purchase of a camera for the observation of tigers in the park, allowing park managers and conservation experts to better monitor the numbers and locations of the animals and photograph them at close range.
In 2009, Jaeger-LeCoultre signed a long-term partnership with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre and the International Herald Tribune, comprising a 3-year international communication campaign in the pages of IHT and online, promoting a number of marine World Heritage sites and issues affecting them. The goal of the partnership is to help defend and protect outstanding marine sites that require immediate intervention.
World Heritage Properties
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction benefits Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park Thursday, March 22, 2012
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction proceeds support Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary Wednesday, May 4, 2011
- Jaeger-LeCoultre affirms commitment to marine conservation at Global Conference on Oceans Thursday, May 6, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre launches its second online auction for the preservation of World Heritage sites Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and the International Herald Tribune continue to support the World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, June 26, 2009
- Tubbataha Reef Marine Park in the Philippines receives £13,540 from an auction organized by Jaeger-LeCoultre Friday, March 20, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre watch to be auctioned for World Heritage preservation Thursday, February 12, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and International Herald Tribune provide support to World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, September 12, 2008