Call for Applications: Master's in World Heritage Studies
Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (Germany) is receiving applications for the Master’s programme in World Heritage Studies.
The international Master’s programme World Heritage Studies was developed around the UNESCO Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Its curriculum reflects diverse approaches to the concept of heritage, such as the link between culture and nature, tangible and intangible values, or conservation and development.
Students will acquire knowledge and skills needed for the protection, management and presentation of cultural and natural heritage sites.
The programme cooperates with UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre in Paris, the German Commission for UNESCO, as well as many other heritage organisations all over the world. Characterised by cultural, professional and academic diversity, World Heritage Studies promotes and fosters a globally conscious environment where students come together to re-contextualize heritage for the next generation.
STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
Through a belief that heritage can and should be understood and protected from a wide range of perspectives, the curriculum is based on a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach, and combines academic research with practical training in four main fields:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Arts, Architecture and Conservation
- Natural Heritage and Cultural Landscapes
The study programme also includes two applied study projects and the Master’s thesis.
Our graduates work in a wide spectrum of professional fields: UNESCO Offices and National Commissions, management of heritage sites, heritage organisations in the public and private sectors, government agencies, heritage consultancy firms, tourism operators, museums, universities, etc.
Master of Arts (M.A.) in World Heritage Studies
Four semesters (two years), full time
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
- Bachelor’s degree in Cultural Studies or other study areas relevant to the curriculum (Humanities, Social Sciences, Architecture, Archaeology, Art History, Conservation, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Cultural Management or Tourism);
- Certificate of proficiency in English (TOEFL iBT min. 79 points; IELTS min. 6.5; Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English min. grade B; Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English min. grade C).
Non-EU applicants: 15 July 2014
EU applicants: 31 August 2014
No tuition fees. Only regular administration fees (approximately 220 Euro/semester).
Tel: +49 355 694880