The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/17/41.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 39 COM 7B.64, adopted at its 39th session (Bonn, 2015),
- Welcomes the progress achieved by the State Party, especially with regard to progress with the implementation of the Action Plans of the Integrated Management Plan (IMP), the strengthened protection in newly designated areas of ecological importance, the Conservation Plan for the Virupaksha Bazaar, and the Circulation Plan and bypass road to divert traffic away from the property;
- Notes the State Party’s commitment to update Sectoral Plans, which underpin the IMP, and requests the State Party to provide a timetable for the completion of this work;
- Acknowledges the progress made with the conservation of a number of monuments, including the Virupaksha Bazaar area, the Hanuman Shrine, the Pushkarani Temple, and monuments located in the buffer zone;
- Notes with concern the information received on proposals for widening of a road near the Kamalapur tank area, which may have a negative impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property, and urges the State Party, in accordance with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, to provide detailed information concerning this project to the World Heritage Centre, for review by the Advisory Bodies, before making any decision that would be difficult to reverse;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2018, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above.