The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/17/41.COM/13,
- Warmly thanks the States Parties of Italy, India, the Republic of Korea, Finland, the Philippines, Turkey and Germany for their contributions which made possible the funding of several International Assistance requests since 2010;
- Also warmly thanks the States Parties of the Netherlands and Japan for having financed via their Funds-in-Trusts International Assistance requests presented on the International Assistance “Marketplace” web-page;
- Recalling Decision 40 COM 14, paragraph 6, strongly appeals to all States Parties to contribute to the sub-account of the World Heritage Fund for International Assistance by choosing among the options described in Resolution 19 GA 8;
- Commends the World Heritage Centre for its successful initiative to propose International Assistance requests which have been recommended for approval but not funded due to lack of funding, to potential donors, through the dedicated “Marketplace” and “Forum of Partners” web-page;
- Noting that International Assistance covers funding support to States Parties for emergency assistance, preparatory assistance and conservation and management assistance to include training and research, technical cooperation and promotion and education, recommends that the World Heritage Centre continue to market and enhance the “Marketplace for World Heritage” and contribute to the development of the proposed Comprehensive Strategy for Resource Mobilization and Communication which is intended to promote continuity and strengthen fund-raising capacities to support the implementation of the Convention;
- Encourages the World Heritage Centre to identify means of providing incentives for private and public institutional support to ensure buy-in among potential donors and continuation of donations to International Assistance programme.