The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/21/15.EXT.COM/3,
- Recalling the extreme exceptional circumstances that prevailed in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic worldwide and that still prevail in 2021,
- Also recalling Decision 14 EXT.COM 4 by which it decided to hold an extended 44th session in June/July 2021 in Fuzhou (China),
- Decides that the extended 44th session will be held from 16 to 31 July 2021;
- Also decides that the extended 44th session will be held according to Format B, as described in Document WHC/21/15.EXT.COM/3, section III.B (“online session”), and adopts the corresponding timetable contained in Annex 3 of the above-mentioned document;
- Also adopts the Methods of work for the extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee, as described in Annex 4 of the above-mentioned document;
- Strongly encourages the convening of informal meetings and negotiations as appropriate on draft decisions and amendments before the session of the Committee and further reiterates the importance of respecting the 24 hours’ time limit of Rule 23.3 of the Rules of Procedure;
- Requests the Secretariat to propose practical arrangements for casting of the vote, should it become necessary to hold a secret ballot during an online session, to be sent to the Committee members for consultation and approbation by correspondence before the extended 44th session, and also requests the Secretariat to prepare a document clarifying the protocols of an online meeting.
 Keeping in mind that 20 July 2021 shall not be a working day.