The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/18/42.COM/7B.Add,
- Recalling Decision 41 COM 7B.81, adopted at its 41st session (Krakow, 2017),
- Commends the State Party for the submission of the Management Plan for the property; and invites it to submit the requested complementary documentation: a comprehensive conservation plan and archaeological research policy, and a Public Use Plan;
- Expresses concern over the lack of completion of urgent conservation work across the property, with particular attention given to the Stylite Tower and the Castrum Fortification and urges the State Party to undertake all needed temporary and reversible consolidation interventions of the fragile attributes in the property and submit the final conservation projects to the World Heritage Centre for review by the Advisory Bodies, and encourages the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS Advisory mission to support the finalization of such projects if deemed necessary;
- Requests the State Party to update the definition of the property’s boundaries and its buffer zone; and to submit it as a formal Minor Boundary Modification, in accordance with Paragraphs 163 and 164 of the Operational Guidelines, to the World Heritage Centre for evaluation by the Advisory Bodies and adoption by the World Heritage Committee at its 44th session in 2020;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2019, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 43rd session in 2019.