The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/18/42.COM/5B,
- Takes note with appreciation of the reports of the Advisory Bodies (ICCROM, ICOMOS and IUCN) on their activities;
- Also takes note with appreciation of the paper on the Evaluations of World Heritage Nominations related to Sites Associated with Memories of Recent Conflicts developed by ICOMOS and encourages ICOMOS to further improve this paper by broadening the participation of experts in this new thematic area, including from the African region;
- Further takes note of the progress made as well as of the challenges and gaps identified by the Advisory Bodies in the framework of the implementation of the Convention.
- Affirms the value of strengthening and improving dialogue between the Advisory Bodies and the States Parties and proposes that a point be added to the agenda on this issue at the next session of the World Heritage Committee.