The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/17/41.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decisions 39 COM 8B.10 and 40 COM 8B.50, adopted at its 39th (Bonn, 2015) and 40th (Istanbul/UNESCO, 2016) sessions respectively;
- Commends the State Party on the revisions of the management plan in response to the Committee’s recommendations;
- Requests the State Party to supplement the disaster response guidance in the management plan regarding earthquakes, in particular to address specific response actions to protect the property in the event of an earthquake;
- Also requests the State Party to consider supplementing the design and construction guidelines for the Churches which are to be constructed in the buffer zone to address construction regulations, visual impact, as well as the need for overall master planning for the buffer zone to manage developments in the landscape, and to submit all construction projects to the World Heritage Centre for review, in conformity with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines;
- Reiterates the need to ensure the protection of the western banks of the Jordan River to preserve important vistas and sightlines of the property;
- Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2018, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 43rd session in 2019.