The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/17/41.COM/7A,
- Recalling Decision 40 COM 7A.3, adopted at its 40th session (Istanbul/UNESCO, 2016),
- Welcomes the committment of the institutions responsible for the conservation and management of the property and their efforts to strengthen inter-institutional cooperation and coordination;
- Notes with great concern that there is a continued lack of sustained funding from the State Party that jeopardizes the implementation of the Emergency Plan and the corrective measures foreseen for 2016-2019, which, as a consequence, may seriously affect the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of the property and its attributes, including its authenticity and integrity;
- Urges the State Party to secure sustained government funds that are required for the integral implementation of the strategy, work plan and timeframe 2016-2019 in order to achieve the Desired state of conservation for the removal of the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger (DSOCR) by 2019;
- Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2018, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 42nd session in 2018;
- Decides to retain Fortifications on the Caribbean Side of Panama: Portobelo-San Lorenzo (Panama) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.