Decision : 41 COM 5B
Reports of the Advisory Bodies
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/17/41.COM/5B,
- Takes note with appreciation of the reports of the Advisory Bodies (ICCROM, ICOMOS and IUCN) on their activities;
- Also takes note of the progress made as well as of the challenges and gaps identified by the Advisory Bodies in the framework of the implementation of the Convention, in particular the concerns surrounding sustained funding of evaluation and monitoring activities;
- Congratulates the Advisory Bodies for their efforts to mobilize additional financial resources and encourages them to continue in their endeavour;
- Requests ICOMOS and IUCN to continue to engage in appropriate dialogue and consultation with States Parties to further enhance overall transparency and decision-making in the Committee.