Decision : 27 COM 7B.48
Meidan Emam, Esfahan (Iran (Islamic Republic of))
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Expresses its appreciation to the State Party for favourably considering the recommendations of the joint international urban planning expert and ICOMOS mission of July 2002;
2. Notes with appreciation that a compromise solution is being elaborated between the national and local authorities to reduce the height of the commercial complex to minimize the negative impact of this high rise building to the World Heritage property;
3. Requests the authorities of Iran to continue their efforts to ensure the conservation of the authentic setting and integrity of the historic city of Esfahan surrounding the Meidan Emam World Heritage property;
4. Requests the Secretariat to continue to co-operate closely with the Iranian authorities in the organization of a stakeholders' meeting in Esfahan, supported by the Government of France;
5. Decides to examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.
 Decision adopted without discussion.
2003 Meidan Emam, Esfahan